Conditions Of Hire
If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of anything listed below, they should seek clarification from the Leasingham Village Hall Booking Clerk before they sign as agreeing to these Conditions of Hire.
For the purposes of these conditions, the term HIRER shall mean an individual person hiring the hall and facilities or, where the hiring is on behalf of an organization, their authorized representative and the term COMMITTEE shall mean The Leasingham Village Hall Management Committee.
- The Hirer shall on arrival at the hall ensure they familiarize themselves with their responsibilities in the event of a fire as detailed on the Fire Poster displayed on the notice board in the Main Entrance Hallway and with the location of the clearly marked Fire Exits located around the premises. The Hirer is to ensure the Fire Exits and access to them are not obstructed in any way during their function, and in the event of a fire on the premises the Hirer is required to take charge and implement as appropriate the actions identified on the Fire Poster.
- The Hirer will, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for ensuring the maximum occupancy levels of the premises they are using are not exceeded (Main Hall 200, Jessop Room 40) and for the supervision and safety of all those using the areas they have hired, including anyone employed by them. In addition they are also responsible for ensuring that the fabric, contents and surrounds of the premises are not damaged in any way by misuse or deliberate act. The hirer accepts that they will be financially responsible for the rectification, replacement or repair, as appropriate of any damaged caused to the fabric, contents or surrounds of the premises that is not considered by the Committee to be fair wear and tear.
- The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that any activities they provide, or arrange for minors (those aged under 18 years of age) in or around the premises comply fully with all relevant legislation, and they need to be aware that the Committee have specifically prohibited the use of Bouncy Castles, Trampolines Rodeo Bulls or similar recreational types of equipment within the premises, or its environs.
- The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement and with the exception of renting out tables for Craft Fairs/Jumble Sales and similar events, shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose, or in any unlawful way.
- The Hirer is not to do anything or bring onto the premises anything which might endanger those using the premises or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof, ie flammable materials, pressurized containers etc, nor allow the consumption of alcoholic liquor therein, without the prior agreement of the Committee.
- The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that all relevant regulations relating to the activities at their function (dancing, music, entertainment, stage plays, smoking in public places etc) are complied with and shall ensure that nothing is done in or arround the premises that contravenes the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
- The Hirer shall, if food is prepared, served or sold at their function, ensure that all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations are complied with. If employing a Caterer for their function, it is recommended the Hirer include in their contract with the Caterer the requirement for them clean and tidy the kitchen at the end of the event. This is a recommendation only, but the Hirer needs to be aware that they are ultimately responsible for ensuring the kitchen is returned back to the same clean and tidy condition at the end of their booking, as it was at the start.
- The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought into the premises by them, or anyone employed by them, or invited to the premises by them, shall have a current P.A.T. (Portable Appliance Test) Certificate.
- The Hirer is responsible for the supervision of car-parking arrangements outside the premises, to make sure there is no obstruction of the highway and for ensuring noise levels are kept to a reasonable level during the arrival and departure of everyone attending, or working at their event.
- The Hirer shall ensure that no animals, except for guide, hearing and assistance dogs are allowed into the premises.
- The Hirer needs to be aware that there is a Tree Preservation Order in place on the large Ash Tree located behind the hall, in the corner close to the Main Kitchen. This order means that any person causing damage to it (accidentally or willfully) is liable to a fine of up to £20,000. In order to avoid any potential issues related to the Ash Tree, Hirers are to ensure that no vehicles are parked, or equipment stored behind the hall, and that no fires are lit, or barbeques used within 6 meters of the outer edge of the Ash Tree’s canopy.
- The Hirer shall ensure that everyone working at or attending their function is made aware that smoking is prohibited within the premises, and under the porch outside the main entrance, and that anyone smoking outside, should extinguish their cigarettes/cigars in the green smokers bin placed specifically for this purpose on the wall of the main hall facing the car-park.
- At the endof a hiring, the Hirer is responsible for properly securing the hall and leaving the premises, furniture and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, and for ensuring that any furniture removed from the storerooms has been put away again, unless prior arrangements to the contrary have been made with the Committee. In the event that the Hirer fails to do any of the above, the Committee reserve the right to make an additional charge to the Hirer to recover the cost of rectifying whatever has not been done.
- If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the event, the question of payment or the repayment of the fee shall be at the discretion of the Committee.
- In The Event of the premises or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired; other than returning any deposit paid, the Committee shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
- The Committee reserves the right to refuse a booking, or to cancel a hiring agreement at any time either before or during the term of the agreement upon giving 7 days’ notice to the hirer. The hirer shall be entitled in such circumstances to a refund of any monies paid, but the Committee shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
- The Committee reserves the right to cancel a hiring at any time in the event:
- The premises are required for the use as a Polling Station for a National or Local Government Election, or Referendum, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any monies paid.
- That it is deemed by the Committee that the Hirer has seriously breached the Conditions of Hire for the premises, in which case the repayment of any payments made, shall be at the discretion of the Committee.