The information provided below is designed to help all Trustee's, or potential Trustee's understand what their responsibilities are/will be as a Trustee. Trustee's should be aware that whilst there are legal issues involved, Leasingham Village Hall has insurance to cover individual Trustee's against any liability, so long as they can reasonably show that they:
- acted in good faith, and only in the interests of the charity
- made sure they were sufficiently informed, taking advice as required
- taken into account of all relevant factors they were aware of
- ignored any irrelevant factors
- dealt with conflicts of interest and loyalty
- made decisions that are within the range of decisions that a reasonable trustee body could make in the circumstances
For further information, please find below a link to the Charity Commission Website area relevant to Trustee's, where more detailed information can be found.